Develops policies and exercises oversight regarding needs of senior citizens.
Chair: Lisa Tasi
Members; Linda Dollard, Ann Hughes,
Phyllis Machledt, Karen Martin, Melinda O’Brien, Nannette DeWester
Responsible for referrals and assistance with federal, state and local programs, including, but not limited to, Insurance, Food Stamps, Social Security, Medicare and Fuel Assistance for Easton residents over the age of 60.
Alison Witherbee, MSW
650 Morehouse Rd., Easton, CT 06612
Hours: 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Administers various programs to assist disabled and low-income Easton
residents under the age of 60.
Director • Alison Witherbee, MSW
Center is “intellectual, educational, cultural and social center for adults of all ages, but especially for retirees, seniors and physically challenged adults... purpose is to enrich the town... and to provide assistance to [those]
650 Morehouse Rd. • Easton, CT 06612 203-268-1145
Hours: 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Director • Val J. Buckley
Assistant Director • Randy Shapiro
Programs and services include:
• Availability of: audiobooks, cable TV, computers, CDs, DVDs, fax machine, Internet cafe, investment data, large-print books, Optelec reader, periodicals, photocopier, therapy equipment, video library.
• Opportunities for: arts and crafts, quilting, knitting, weaving, card and board games, bridge lessons, bowling,
ceramics, culinary classes, driver’s ed for elderly, film, showings, trips, musical programs, exercise programs.
• Presentations on: law, finance, art, religion, more.
• Scheduled presence of: hair stylist, handyman, massage therapist, notary public/justice of the peace, seamstress.
• Trips: day and vacation trips.
• Dial-a-Ride: van transportation 7 days a week.
Tax Relief Programs
On matters relating to assessments and elderly, Office of the Assessor prepares homeowners’ forms to be sent to state for approval.
Town Hall • 203-268-6291
Assessors: Laura Riley and Rachel Maciulewski
Tax Relief for the Elderly Committee assists with local tax relief issues. Visit www.eastonct.gov for current information regarding program options.
Judge • T.R. Rowe
Easton is part of Probate Court for District 46.
Trumbull Town Hall, 5866 Main St.
Trumbull, CT 06611